To celebrate the launch of Checkmybox later this month we are re posting our most popular tutorials all throughout this month, and as it happens they will be our first range of kit designs. So if you like any of the tutorials over the next four weeks and are struggling to find the right materials and findings keep your eyes open for our kits that will be available exclusively in Mr Birds Emporium at the Custard Factory, Birmingham from 15th November, and online shortly afterwards (date to be confirmed). We'll be updating you with the website details soon and keeping you up to date on our progress as we actually make some!
Enjoy. Fran xx
UPDATE: You can buy the materials to make this kit over at Checkmybox.co.uk or at our Etsy shop, making things even easier!
If you like this tutorial, check out my 2013 updated version on my new blog www.fallfordiy.com
for this neon plaited bracelet tutorial!
1. Cut three pieces of cotton, each one metre in length. Then cut each of these into three equal pieces.
2. Attach the three pieces together with a box clasp at one end. Do this with all three colours.
3. Take a piece of large link chain around 18cm long. Measure this against you wrist and add or take off links as you need. The two ends of chain should meet.
4. Open the last link and thread on the box clasps in any order.
5. Starting three links in plait the cottons cords onto the chain. I like to check the cottons are threaded through the chain links in sequence to make sure my plait is correct.
6. Stop plaiting three links before the end of the chain and attach three more box closers on the ends. 7. Open up the last link of the chain then thread on the box clasps and a lobster clasp.